“Teachers need to stop saying, ‘Hand it in,’ and start saying ‘Publish It.'” Alan November
Forest Creek’s Morning Broadcast
The morning broadcast at Forest Creek has been expanded this year to be much more interactive and engaging for the students. Visit “Coyotes Go Live on Ki O T News” at http://forestcreekcoyotech.blogspot.com/2012/03/coyotes-go-live-on-ki-o-t-news.html.
More Great Technology Happenings on Elementary Campuses Around the District:
– Sommer kindergarten students develop basic technology skills as they learn writing skills. Visit “Kindergarten uses Word” at http://sommerit.blogspot.com/2012/03/kindergarten-uses-word.html.
– Purple Sage 1st grade students find numbers around the library. Visit “Numbers EVERYWHERE!” at http://psesitech.blogspot.com/2012/03/numbers-everywhere.html.
– Herrington 1st grade students expand their knowledge of other countries. Visit “Country Research by 1st Graders” at http://herringtontech.blogspot.com/2012/03/country-research-by-1st-graders.html.
– Caldwell Heights 3rd grade students collect and display their work in ePortfolios. Visit their March 30, 2012 posting at http://stayingactivelyengaged.blogspot.com/p/getting-it-right-at-ches.html.
– Caraway 3rd grade students conduct surveys, collect data, and analyze results. Visit “Data Graphing Projects” at http://kcesitech.blogspot.com/2012/03/data-graphing-projects.html.
– Forest Creek 3rd grade students use technology to study and present their understanding of fractions. Visit “Washburn’s 3rd Graders Choose Technology” at http://forestcreekcoyotech.blogspot.com/2012/03/washburns-3rd-graders-choose-technology.html.
– Spicewood students become digital authors. Visit “Primary Students Create Digital Books: at http://spicewoodtechnology.blogspot.com/2012/03/primary-students-create-digital-books.html.
– Laurel Mountain students research and report on their favorite animals. Visit “Research and Presenting” at http://lmetech.weebly.com/1/post/2012/03/researching-and-presenting.html.
– Herrington students enhance their dual language skills with Read Naturally. Visit “Students Practice Spanish with Read Naturally” at http://herringtontech.blogspot.com/2012/03/students-practice-spanish-with-read.html.
– Berkman TAG students experience a dynamic learning environment through embedded technology integration. Visit “TAG Tech Integration” at http://gettingitrightberkman.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-tech-integration.html.
– Old Town students and staff enjoy computer refresh. Visit “New Computers at Old Town” at http://oldtowntech.edublogs.org/2012/03/30/new-computers-at-old-town/.