Jollyville 4th Grade Students Create Voki’s of Characters from Books of Elsewhere.
After reading the second book in the series The Books of Elsewhere, students created a Voki for their final project. Visit “Books of Elsewhere – Presented by Voki” at http://www.jvestech.blogspot.com/2012/04/books-of-elsewhere-presented-by-voki.html.
More Great Technology Happenings on Elementary Campuses Around the District:
– Berkman 2nd grade students use Web 2.0 tools to publish and share their research. Visit “Sharing Research with the World” at http://gettingitrightberkman.blogspot.com/2012/04/sharing-research-with-world.html.
– Caldwell Heights 2nd grade students express their love of math in song and video. Visit the April 4, 2012 posting on “Getting I.T. Right at CHES” at http://stayingactivelyengaged.blogspot.com/p/getting-it-right-at-ches.html.
– Gattis 2nd grade students create stories online. Visit “Create a Story Online” at http://gattistech.blogspot.com/2012/04/create-story-online.html.
– Union Hill 3rd grade students use technology to write reports on animals. Visit “3rd Graders Publish Animal Research” at http://unionhilltech.blogspot.com/2012/04/3rd-graders-publish-animal-research.html.
– Double File 5th grade students enhance their science skills and knowledge using technology. Visit “5th Grade on StemScopes” at http://dfttech.blogspot.com/2012/04/5th-grade-on-stemscopes.html.
– Jollyville 5th grade students share their math skills. Visit “Student Centered Math” at http://www.jvestech.blogspot.com/2012/04/student-centered-math.html.
– Brushy Creek students take a virtual field trip as a follow-up to reading the book Pop! The Invention of Bubble Gum. Visit “Virtual Field Trip” at http://teachingitbces.edublogs.org/2012/04/05/virtual-field-trip/.
– Cactus Ranch students participate in the Battle of the Bluebonnets. Visit “Taking Technology into Battle” at http://crelonghorncelebrations.blogspot.com/2012/04/taking-technology-into-battle.html.
– Chandler Oaks students write digital stories to increase their Spanish vocabulary. Visit “Students Take Their Spanish Skills Up a Notch!” at http://chandleroakselementary.blogspot.com/2012/04/students-take-their-spanish-skills-up.html.
Family Literacy Night at Blackland Prairie
Visit Family Literacy Night at http://anitaoliverblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/family-literacy-night.html.
Cactus Ranch 2nd Grade Student Presentation Wins an Award.
2nd grade student Colin P was awarded 1st place in the annual RRISD Black History Month Essay Contest. Colin submitted his presentation about Harriet Tubman for the contest. He says that he first became interested about Harriet Tubman after studying about her in 1st grade. Click on the image above to view Colin’s presentation. Way to go Colin!