Sommer Elementary: First Grade Commercials
First Grade students participated in a media literacy unit. As a part of this unit of study, students created a product as if it would be sold in the marketplace. To complete this project students wrote and produced commercials for the products that they invented. These commercials were filmed using the green screen technology and equipment that we have in our broadcast room. They had a blast staging their commercials and choosing the pictures that would be their background.
Callison Elementary: Congratulations, Ms. Schlung!
On Saturday, April 28th, fourth grade teacher Ms. Brianna Schlung had an opportunity to showcase her Promethean skills as eager Texas State students watched. Ms. Schlung was asked to visit with the Texas State students after she was observed by Texas State interns on Callison’s campus.
More Great Technology Happenings on Elementary Campuses Around the District:
– Deepwood 5th grade students create math reviews. Visit “Geometry Review Apps” at http://dwesits.blogspot.com/2012/05/geometry-review-apps.html.
– Fern Bluff 2nd grade students take virtual field trip of the Indianapolis Zoo. Visit “Amazing Amazon Virtual Fieldtrip” at http://fernbluffit.edublogs.org/2012/05/01/amazing-amazon-virtual-fieldtrip/.
– Deepwood 2nd grade students create presentations on animals. Visit “Voice Thread Presentations in Second Grade” at http://dwesits.blogspot.com/2012/05/voice-thread-presentations-in-second.html.
– Caldwell Heights 4th grade students study science with the help of Jeff Ferris from The Natural Gardener of Austin. Visit the May 1st posting at http://stayingactivelyengaged.blogspot.com/p/getting-it-right-at-ches.html.
– Herrington 3rd grade students create Texas Bluebonnet Award book reviews for campus library. Visit “Students Review Books for Library Display” at http://herringtontech.blogspot.com/2012/04/students-review-books-for-library.html.
– Jollyville students conduct electronic surveys. Visit “TAG Students Use Survey Tool to Gather Data about their Classmates” at http://www.jvestech.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag-students-use-survey-tool-to-gather.html.
– Anderson Mill 1st grade students use technology to learn math concepts. Visit “Math Stations” at http://ames-it-right.blogspot.com/2012/05/math-stations.html.
– Old Town students use Today’s Meet to collaborate and brainstorm. Visit “Today’s Meet” at http://oldtowntech.edublogs.org/2012/04/27/todays-meet/.
– Old Town 5th grade students create brochures of Texas facts. Visit “Stating the Facts” at http://oldtowntech.edublogs.org/2012/05/01/stating-the-facts/.
– Sommer 2nd grade students produce videos of Rossini. Visit “Animoto Research Projects” at http://sommerit.blogspot.com/2012/05/animoto-research-projects.html.