Jollyville Robotics Students give Demonstration at Barnes and Noble
Jollyville Elementary school held a book fair at Barnes and Noble near Lakeline Mall. A percentage of the day’s purchases went to Jollyville’s library. Librarian, Mrs. Carter, organized lots of events for the day, like a pet parade, flip flop fashion show and a robotics demonstration. At 10:30 on Saturday morning, the robotics club met in the store’s story area to show off some things that they have been working on this year. Children gathered around to watch and the to use the robots, created with Lego NXT kits, themselves.
Wells Branch: 5th Graders Keeping Current!
Students in Mrs. Wilson’s 5th grade class have been keeping up with current events within our community and around the world. The students presented a news worthy event that occurred within the past week. The students can present their articles in a variety of ways. Some students use technology such at Prezi, Windows Live Movie Maker, Office Powerpoint, and Office Publisher, while other students use their creative side with the arts. Creativity and learning comes alive with re-enactments of the article through a skit, anchoring a newscast , while other still create sculptures and book covers for the article. This allows the students to keep current with news worthy events through all different learning styles and media.
– Caraway 4th grade students: Brainstorning Web of Prior Knowledge
– Pond Springs students: Classifying Animals with Kidspiration
Living History Museum
– Live Oak 3rd grade students
– Old Town 3rd grade students
– Callison: Advanced Promethean Training!
– Pond Springs: Are You Smarter Than a Third Grader?
– Berkman: Let’s Vote
– Deepwood: TurningPoint Response System.
– Spicewood: 1st Grade Expressions
– Canyon Creek: Hatchet Retold Using Paper Slides
– Fern Bluff: Stop Motion Movies on Energy Sources
More Great Technology Happenings on Elementary Campuses Around the District:
– Deepwood: Favorite Things Tagxedo
– Bluebonnet: Second Grade Creates Powerpoint Presentations to Display Research
– Cactus Ranch: Animal Skull Examination
– Callison: Online Resource Training!
– Live Oak: Fifth Grade is Going Places with Moodle
– Live Oak: Fourth and Fifth Graders Learn Science with STEMscopes
– Pond Springs: Fourth Grader Make Cartoons with ToonDoo
– Pond Springs: First Grade Creates Animal Photo Stories
– Purple Sage: New Technology at Purple Sage
– Purple Sage: Student Created Newsletter
– Purple Sage: Intervention Software
– Purple Sage: QR Codes used at our Book Fair
– Spicewood: Public Service Announcements