As part of the district’s efforts to engage members of the community and to develop interest in future Board of Trustees candidates, Round Rock ISD created “Leadership Round Rock ISD” which offers district stakeholders the opportunity to go “behind the scenes” of Round Rock ISD, meet the people who are responsible for programs and services, and see first-hand how the district creates a climate of success for our rapidly growing, diverse student population.
Representatives from the RRISD Instructional Technology Department were invited to present a brief overview of how instructional technology is being implemented in the district at their February 18, 2014 meeting. Below are links to the presentation document and sample classroom learning experiences using technology.
Link to Presentation Document:
Sample Links from the campus Getting I.T. Right Blogs:
– McNeil High School – Twitter in the classroom
– Round Rock High School – Digital Learning with Apex
– Deerpark Middle School – Engaging Girls in Engineering
– Grisham – Texas History Digital Classroom
– Spicewood Elementary – Digital Postcards to Read, Write, Think
– Laurel Mountain – First Lego League
– Bluebonnet Elementary – Technology in the Art Classroom
– Purple Sage – Google Presentation and Science
– Great Oaks – 3D Shapes with 1st Grade
– Blackland Prairie – The Wilderness Classroom
“Homework” requested of the attendees: Please visit the various campus blogs, look for posts that you find particularly interesting, and leave a comment.
Video of ITS explaining her role on the campus:
Article by Patrick Ledesma on October 23, 2012:
Technology Experts in Schools: Teacher Leaders or Technicians?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Be sure to click on your school in the side bar to see examples of how
technology is being integrated into the curriculum.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –