Blackland Prairie 5th grade students are currently producing PowerPoint projects showing geometric shapes around the school. Digital cameras are used to capture the images then the pictures are downloaded for use in PowerPoint and Photostory. Visit “Captured: Geometric Shapes!” at http://anitaoliverblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/captured-geometric-shapes.html.
More Great Technology Happenings on Elementary Campuses Around the District:
– Blackland 1st grade students use PowerPoint to practice making inferences. Visit “Riddle Me – Inferencing Game” at http://anitaoliverblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/riddle-me.html.
– Purple Sage 2nd grade students create digital timelines of biographies. Visit “Timelines with Inspiration” at http://psesitech.blogspot.com/2012/04/timelines-with-inspiration.html.
– Purple Sage 2nd grade students make the most of their netbooks. Visit “Students at Work on Netbooks” at http://psesitech.blogspot.com/2012/04/students-at-work-on-netbooks.html.
– Purple Sage students benefit from a “tech-savvy” librarian. Visit “National Library Week Spotlight” at http://psesitech.blogspot.com/2012/04/national-library-week-spotlight.html.
– Students across the district complete the RRISD Student Climate Survey. Visit “Callison Third Through Fifth Graders give Input!” at http://callisontechnology.blogspot.com/2012/04/callison-third-through-fifth-graders.html or “Old Town: Fourth Graders take the District Climate Survey” at http://oldtowntech.edublogs.org/2012/04/06/fourth-graders-take-the-district-climate-survey/.
– Old Town publishes new issue of campus newsletter. Visit “Old Town Times – March and April Issue” at http://oldtowntech.edublogs.org/2012/04/10/old-town-times-march-and-april-issue/.